Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Spiritual Enlightenment


Well it has been a long time since my last post. So many things going on in my tailor shop but not enough time to really finish the new dolls I started this past winter. Boy that seems so long ago but it is almost winter again. I have several doll started but only one finished. I have to photograph her then list her for sale on eBay. I have worked on her all summer. I tried a different watercolor painting technique that I'd like to continue using. It gives me my own style of painting. I enjoy that because at least it gives me a style that is unlike other dolls artist. I definitely what to be unique in my approach to creating dollart.
I went to a spiritual retreat last weekend that really got my create juices flowing again. I am now on fire for Jesus. That means my art has to reflect my new found passion for God. Takes me back to the time I use to create the God Boxes. Just a symbolic way to give your troubles to God by writing them down and putting them in a box. By doing that you give god the problem and let go and let God handles it. It is freeing like nailing your problems on the cross like we did at the retreat. I wanted to create my dolls for the glory of god not just make dolls that have no meaning. So I am revising them according to me newfound spiritual enlightenment.

1 comment: