Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thankful to be a dollmaker!

When I started making dolls it was to fill a void in doll collecting. I wanted to make the type of dolls I didn't have growing up as a child in the 1960's. I loved  antique dolls and there was no way I was going to own one except to make it myself.  My mother always said I had champagne taste on a beer budget! What I find on this journey of dollmaking is that what prompted me to make dolls..... is not what is subtaining me nor flowing thru the dolls I am creating! I find I am connecting with people on a spiritual journey as well.

Recently a lovely lady named Becky purchased these 
two wooden dolls from my Etsy shop: 
 www.esty.com/shop/aliceswanndolls




She lost a precious son in a auto accident the same year I lost my dear mother to dementia. Art heals because it was my refuge those 2 years my mom was sick. We all need a touch of beauty in our lives. I know a doll can't replace a precious loved one but they do put a smile on our face and add joy to our heart! Only a doll collector would know this!  Becky's words really uplifted my spirit! Here's what she wrote:

Oh Alice!!!!!!

Your dolls arrived today...how B~~E~~~A~~U~~~T~~~I~~~F~~~U~~~~L  they both are!  Your carving, your needlework,...everything is EXQUISITE!   I am so very, very pleased and am so very happy to have pieces of your work.  It thrills me to be able to behold them.  Thank you so very much for passing them on to me. I shall take very good care of them.

Thank you again, Alice.  EVERYTHING about this transaction was a blessing to me-especially getting to have personal contact with you.  That means the most....the packaging, bags, certificates...well, it all counts, but getting to "know" you a bit is the best.

Blessings,

Becky


THANK YOU Becky for your kind words and most of all for being WHO you are! 
The world is a kind place if we let our light shine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment