Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wooden Hands

I have been carving wooden doll hands.  The doll hands I sculpted from paperclay never turned out the way I envisioned them.  I am having better results with wood. I like carving...but my carpal tunnel does like it...lol  Well...one's gotta do what one's gotta do...lol.  These dolls hands have been through a lot of changes......as it takes alot of trial and error.  I am developing my own techniques as I go along. It is not like I have a pattern to follow.  Sawing wood on a bandsaw it rather tricky and dangerous too. I dont want to loose a hand,  making a hand no pun intended....lol  I love trying new things. It takes practice, practice and more practice. I'll keep trying till I get them right.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Izannah type dolls and the WIP of wood and paper clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are extremely talented! I know what's it like to want everything to be perfect, but they look pretty amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete